Digital Creative Director for 7DOTS
7DOTS is an independent creative tech agency who create and build beautiful, frictionless brand experiences. Our culture and environment is designed to help everyone bring their best selves to work and harness team spirit. We believe in creating true work-life balance for everyone and nurture continuous learning and progression.
We were established in 2009 and have a proud history of delivering engaging digital experiences for our clients through expertise in the following areas: consultancy and strategy, creative and design, technology and platforms, digital marketing, media and PPC, SEO and content.
About the position
We are looking for an experienced, digital creative professional to lead and be the standard bearer for the agency’s creative and design offering. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring we are delivering brilliant, award-winning design work. You will be client-facing and working across all existing and prospective clients to ensure creative excellence from interrogating briefs, through conceptualisation all the way to implementation - this is still very much a hands-on role. You will be responsible for growing, mentoring, nurturing, inspiring and developing our design team and ensuring our creative practices are robust and industry leading.
You will be part of and working closely with the senior leadership team, reporting directly into our CEO, as well as actively involved in new business to lead our creative thinking approach.
Key responsibilities of this role
- Lead our creative and design offering across all clients to ensure excellence from creative conceptualisation through to implementation.
- Set the creative standards and processes in the agency, bringing talent in creative strategic thinking along with a hands-on craft in design.
- Guide, inspire, nurture and grow our design team.
- Lead the thorough interrogation of the client’s brief, helping to develop an insightful creative brief, working with the agency leads to take a digital vision and bring it to life as a digital experience.
- Work with a broad spectrum of clients – concepting and designing websites, e-commerce sites, client experience platforms, marketing campaigns, evolving and digitising clients’ brands.
- Drive design best practice across projects, ensuring the user is at the heart of all design decisions and 7DOTS stays at the forefront.
- Work as part of the leadership team to set and achieve revenue targets.
- Report into leadership meetings on our creative offering, external news and competitor information, upcoming talent requirements, cultural health, ideas and opportunities for continual improvement to 7DOTS’ service and offering.
The person we are looking for
- Has significant experience within a relevant role at a comparable agency, with an accompanying portfolio of beautifully crafted digital work, demonstrating exceptional creative thinking across a range of brands and industries.
- Has a solid understanding of digital creative design work, is a highly effective communicator and has a proven ability to get creative ideas across to clients clearly, with expertise and gravitas in both pitch situations and day-to-day contact.
- Is well versed in user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design and foundation principles and understands the nuances of website and application design and build.
This is an opportunity for someone to help shape the long term future at 7DOTS. We share ideas no matter our role, harness team spirit and take pride in our work. We balance work with life which makes this the sort of place you can thrive not just professionally, but personally. At 7DOTS we believe in creating a culture where diversity, regardless of its form, is a part of who we are.
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV and portfolio to [email protected]
We do not accept introductions from recruiters other than those already contracted and briefed by 7DOTS.