Web Developer position at 7DOTS
7DOTS is an independent creative tech agency who create and build beautiful, frictionless brand experiences. Our culture and environment are designed to help everyone bring their best selves to work and harness team spirit. We believe in creating true work-life balance for everyone and nurture continuous learning and progression.
Find out more about what we can do for you on our careers page.
About the position
Our development team brings our great creative and strategic work to life – and some! They guide our agency and clients on what is possible technically and are the craftspeople behind the frictionless digital experiences we deliver. Whilst building intelligent, scalable cutting edge sites and apps, they are passionate learners in everything from new technologies to commercial skills and you couldn’t join a nicer bunch.
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Work closely with designers, project managers, client experience and demand colleagues to deliver great experiences for our clients.
- Help plan and organise your own work packages to meet deadlines and milestones in collaboration with our delivery leads.
- Programme and template fully responsive, dynamic websites using current best practice.
- Test code and deploy projects to live server environments.
- Propose future proofed solutions to requests in collaboration with your wider team.
We are looking for someone who:
- Brings commercial experience working with a PHP based CMS such as WordPress, Drupal, Silverstripe.
- Has a thirst to learn more and engross themselves in extending their skills further during their time at 7DOTS.
- Has developed websites in a commercial context either agency or client side.
- Adopts a “mobile first” approach to web development.
- Has experience working in a cross-functional team and has a good understanding of commercial implications of deadlines and budgets.
- Takes pride in producing high quality output and ensures QA best practice is adhered to.
- Is interested in analysing client requirements, proposing scalable and flexible solutions.
- Is a good team player and communicator, happy engaging with client contact even if this is an area you’d like to develop more in.
- Who is always looking for ways to exploit new technologies.
- Knows when to call senior colleagues for support.
There are opportunities for long term progression at 7DOTS. We share ideas no matter our role, harness team spirit and take pride in our work. We balance work with life which makes this the sort of place you can thrive not just professionally, but personally. At 7DOTS we believe in creating a culture where diversity, regardless of its form, is a part of who we are.
How to apply
Please email your CV to [email protected]
We do not accept introductions from recruiters other than those already contracted and briefed by 7DOTS.